Join Dismas Charities and work for one of the nation's largest not-for-profit providers specializing in community-based adult re-entry programs. Dismas provides quality, cost-effective, community-based residential and non-residential supervision and treatment services. Enjoy meaningful work, an indoor work environment, competitive pay, and benefits. Do work that positively impacts your community, assisting individuals to heal so they can once again be productive and responsible citizens.
We are now hiring Resident Monitors at the following facilities: Dierson, Louisville, and Portland.
As the Resident Monitor you will monitor the custody, security, control, and maintenance of the facility and residents.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have one year of paid work experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals and groups in both routine and emergency situations.
• Observe, document, and ensure the accountability of all residents while within the facility and in the community by enforcing all rules, responsibilities, and restrictions assigned to residents.
• Provide control and documentation of transactions regarding all money, subsistence, medications, first-aid supplies, mail, visitors, accountability checks, and telephone calls.
• Assist and support Counselors with resident programming that may include but not be limited to: installing electronic monitoring equipment, visiting residents in their homes and places of employment; and providing alcohol and urine surveillance testing.
• Conduct and document scheduled internal and external inspections of the premises to maintain the health, safety and accountability of the residents.
• Ensure physical plant safety safety/sanitation standards are maintained.
• Maintain working knowledge and follow all procedures and policies, which are outlined in the Statement of Work, Physical Plant and Operations Manuals.
• Demonstrate proficiency in knowledge and operations of emergency drills, life safety, facility sanitation, escapes and unusual occurrence procedures.
• Responsible for general housekeeping of your work place to include: dusting, polishing, vacuuming, and emptying of trash.
• Uphold organizational values by treating people with respect, working with integrity, and maintaining confidentiality.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records on residents. Follow policies and procedures. Complete tasks correctly and on time.
• Listen and seek clarification. Write clearly and informatively.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Follow instructions and respond to management direction. • Complete tasks on time and notify appropriate persons when tasks are not completed.
• Consistently show up for work on time.
• Be a self-starter. Ask for and offer help when needed.
• In the event of a work stoppage, you must work the hours necessary to staff the center. Must accept reassigned shifts without advanced notice.
The programs at Dismas operate with the understanding that the Federal or State Contracting Authority and/or Executive Management has the right to modify their operating standards, to include staffing requirements and qualifications, as needed, to ensure quality and continuation of services.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran And Vevrra Priority Referrals Of Protected Veterans.